The Educational Planning office in 皇冠8868会员登录 is located on the first floor of Wenatchi
大厅. We are open to students Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. 我们可以通过
phone and email: (509) 682-6830 or EdPlanning@dingbianbian.com. For the Omak校园, visit the 政府 Building or call (509) 422-7807.
学生 are expected to play an active role in tracking academic progress, following program requirements, managing class schedules, and more. 在WVC，有教员 Advisors, 大学的航海家, and 辅导员 available to help you pursue your educational 目标. Generally speaking, 大学的航海家 help new and transfer-in students get started with their first quarter of classes 在WVC. After that, students then begin working with their 教师 Advisor for ongoing advising help. 以前的学生可以 meet directly with their 教师 Advisor.
教师顾问 have a special knowledge in their disciplines and are aware of specific courses within their divisions, and in educational and career opportunities in their 集中领域. The faculty advisor can assist with:
- academic planning, course selection, and scheduling;
- developing, clarifying, and evaluating educational plans and 目标;
- identifying and exploring alternative educational opportunities;
- developing long-range educational plans;
- transfer information for in-state colleges and universities;
- gaining an understanding of the complete requirements of a program; and
- referring you, as needed, to counseling services for educational, personal, or emotional 支持.
New students are assigned to a 教师 Advisor at the beginning of the quarter they 第一个报名. To see who your 教师 Advisor is, visit MyWVC and login to your ctcLink account.
Many WVC students have multiple issues that accompany them when attending classes, 使学习变得困难. The pressures from school and outside sources can be overwhelming and cause students to drop out and not 经验 the best that college life can offer. Expertise in personal and career counseling, along with knowledge of academic program requirements, allows WVC 辅导员 to effectively work with students to enhance their 成功. The 辅导员 can assist with:
- helping you become aware of the wide range of educational and career options available 给你;
- academic planning, course selections, and scheduling; and
- issues that adversely affect you in attaining your 目标.
The role students play in their educational plan must be dynamic. 是积极的 to maximize the advising process will provide a solid foundation for their educational 经验. 建议 is a shared responsibility, and builds on the strengths of the 教师 Adviser and the students willingness to be involved. 学生 have the responsibility to:
- read the college catalog and all student policies on the college website and in the 学生手册;
- have all transcripts from other institutions evaluated by the transcript evaluator, with classes noted that relate to the certificate or degree;
- develop a current educational plan and share it at the quarterly advising meeting 和他们的指导老师;
- set and keep quarterly advising appointments with their 教师 Adviser;
- know what placements have been completed and include the results in the student plan;
- know deadlines and dates as they pertain to advising, registration, and graduation; and
- learn the transfer entrance requirements at potential transfer institutions.